Women's Information Service
The Women's Information Service provides information to South Australian women online, over the telephone and in person. We aim to increase access to information that promotes choice and empowerment.
Our shopfront is located on the Ground Floor at 101 Grenfell St, Adelaide, opposite Regent Arcade.
You can talk to us about:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and wellbeing
- Accommodation and housing issues
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths
- or anything at all...
We can discuss options and choices relevant to your individual situation.
Talk to us...
- if you need help but don't know where to start
- if you aren't sure what services can assist you
- if you've tried everything you can think of
- if you just don't know where to go next
Services for hearing impaired women
SMS our mobile on 0401 989 860
Donate to disadvantaged women
One aspect of women's homelessness is not often discussed - the difficulty of getting your period while living rough. Limited access to sanitary products means homeless women and women escaping domestic violence are often forced to choose between buying sanitary products or other essential items like food.
Essentials 4 Women South Australia aims to provide all women with the basic, but costly, items for feminine hygiene including sanitary products and underwear.
Essentials 4 Women SA believes that:
- Every women has the right to access sanitary products every month
- Essential toiletry items are exactly that - essential - not a luxury, that every person should be able to access
- By making these items accessible to women in need, their dignity as a woman is enhanced
E4WSA have assisted women who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, victims of domestic violence, recently arrived asylum seekers, basically any woman who has little or no income.
Current Drive - Donate at WIS
From 28 February - 31 March 2016 we will be accepting donations of sanitary items, toiletries and new underwear.
You can donate in person at one of our many drop-off points including here at the Women's Information Service, 101 Grenfell St, or even buy products online that will get delivered directly to E4WSA.
For more information visit http://www.e4wsa.org.au/